Easy cheesy baked risotto
One-pot risotto in less than an hour! This is a simple recipe that even the fussiest of eaters will love.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion
- Handful Cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1.5 cups Aborio rice
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock (liquid)
- 1/2 - 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (or other cheese)
- 1 tablespoon of butter (or margarine)
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 170c (fan-forced)
- In a saucepan saute the onion in olive oil
- Pour onion into casserole or oven dish
- Add the rice and stir thoroughly
- Add 4.5 cups of the chicken stock
- Cover and place into the oven on the centre rack. Bake for 45 minutes
- Remove the risotto from the oven. Add the remaining ½ cup of chicken stock, parmesan cheese, and butter and stir. The texture should be oozy, not stiff. Add extra stock if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese to taste.